The Girls Coalition is proud to have members that represent a wide variety of organizations in southwestern PA. Learn more about our members here.
Girls Coalition Members A – H
Allegheny County Sanitary Authority (ALCOSAN)
- Founded in 1946, ALCOSAN is committed to providing cost effective, customer oriented, and environmentally conscious wastewater treatment that protects public health and enhances the use of natural resources to 83 communities in Allegheny County.
- Website: http://www.alcosan.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ALCOSAN
American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU-PA)
- The ACLU-PA is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, membership organization dedicated to defending and expanding individual rights and personal freedoms throughout the entire state of Pennsylvania. Through advocacy, public education and litigation, ACLU-PA staff and volunteers work to preserve and enhance liberties grounded in the United States and Pennsylvania constitutions and civil rights laws.
- Website: https://www.aclupa.org/chapters/greaterpittsburgh
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aclupa
Anchorpoint Counseling Ministry (ACM)
- Anchropoint Counseling Ministry is a non-denominational non-profit community service organization that has helped to bridge gaps in family communication since 1966. ACM’s professional staff provides family, marital, individual, and group counseling along with preventive, educational, and advocacy services to those seeking hope, healing, and spiritual guidance.
- Website: http://anchorpointcounselingministry.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/anchorpointcounseling
Angels’ Place, Inc.
- Angels’ Place is a Pittsburgh-based non-profit committed to providing student parents with the help needed to complete their education, secure satisfying employment, establish careers and become self-sufficient citizens. Through programs of excellence that embody best practices of education and family development, Angels’ Place provides a loving, nurturing, safe and healthy environment that every parent and child deserves.
- Website: http://angelsplacepgh.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/angelsplacepgh
- Auberle is a nationally recognized human services agency that has been dedicated to serving Southwestern Pennsylvania since 1952. The agency offers preventative and community-based services for over 3,400 art-risk children and families each year, ultimately serving 60% of their clients in their homes, schools, or communities.
- Website: http://www.auberle.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Auberle.McKeesport
Blossom & Flourish: Growing Girls to Greatness
- Blossom & Flourish specializes in providing leadership training and confidence building programs for middle school & high school girls. Our Vision is for a generation of young, empowered, female leaders who will positively influence others and make a difference in their world. To that end, we enable girls to see themselves as leaders by giving them the skills and confidence they need to succeed in their academic, extracurricular, and personal lives.
- Website: www.blossomandflourish.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlossomandFlourish
Big Brothers Big Sisters (BBBS) of Greater Pittsburgh
- Since 1965, BBBS of Greater Pittsburgh has been the largest one-to-one mentoring program in Western PA. The organization seeks to make positive differences in the lives of children by providing one-to-one mentoring programs and related services that help youth discover their highest potential and grow to become responsible adults leading productive and rewarding lives.
- Website: http://www.bbbspgh.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BBBSPgh
Center for Victims
- Center for Victims has served individuals, families, and communities of Allegheny County for over 40 years, providing victim support services and education that meet the diverse needs of people of all backgrounds. Center for Victims specifically offers domestic violence services, including emergency shelter and transitional housing, as well as legal advocacy, counseling, and community education programs.
- Website: http://www.centerforvictims.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Center4Victims
- Chatham University, originally founded as a college for women, is a fully coed undergraduate and graduate education institution located in Pittsburgh, PA. The University serves over 2,100 students in the degree fields of sustainability, health & lab sciences, business & communication, and the arts & sciences.
- Website: http://www.chatham.edu
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chathamu
- Comcast is a global media and technology company whose XFINITY brand has established itself as one of the nation’s largest video, high-speed Internet and phone providers, serving both residential and business customers in the Pittsburgh region and around the world.
- Website: http://www.xfinity.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/comcast
Crisis Shelter of Lawrence County
- Since 1981 the Crisis Shelter of Lawrence County has been the community’s response to violence and abuse, serving victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and other serious crimes and older victims of any crime, while also working to prevent violence and abuse through prevention education, intervention training and public awareness.
- Website: http://crisisshelter.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Crisis-Shelter-of-Lawrence-County-154569211254034
Domestic Violence Services of Southwestern Pennsylvania
- Domestic Violence Services of SWPA provides safe, temporary shelter and support services to victims of domestic violence, their children, and their significant others in Washington, Greene, and Fayette counties in Pennsylvania. Domestic Violence Services also seeks to increase awareness of and to eliminate domestic violence both on local and national levels.
- Link: http://www.peacefromdv.org/about-us/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/peacefromdv
The Ellis School
- Since 1916, the Ellis School has been Pittsburgh’s premier independent school for girls age 3 to grade 12. The Ellis School is committed to preparing, empowering, and inspiring each and every girl through an excellent education focused on balance & wellness, citizenship & integrity, diversity, fun, innovation & excellence, leadership & individual potential, and outstanding academics & teaching.
- Website: http://www.theellisschool.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Ellis-School/107703032585945
Elsie H. Hillman Foundation
- The Elsie H. Hillman Foundation, one of 18 foundations associated with the Hillman family, is dedicated to improving the quality of life in Pittsburgh, PA. The Foundation provides local, non-profit organizations with the opportunity to receive funding for projects in the following areas: cultural advancement & the arts, community & economic development, education, human & social services (with a focus on women), health & medicine, and environment & conservation.
- Website: http://hillmanfamilyfoundations.org/foundations/elsie-h-hillman-foundation
Every Child, Inc.
- Founded in 1997, Every Child is a non-profit human services agency serving children at risk as well as birth, foster, and adoptive families in Allegheny and surrounding counties. Every Child’s scope of services are designed to address the individual needs of each child they serve and to ensure that every child is able to thrive in a safe, nurturing, healthy family.
- Website: http://www.everychildinc.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/everychildinc
The First Tee Pittsburgh
- Founded in 1997 by a collection of national and international golf associations, The First Tee was established to impact the lives of young people by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf. The First Tee of Pittsburgh serves approximately 1,600 young people ages 5-18 throughout Allegheny County each year.
- Website: http://www.thefirstteepittsburgh.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefirstteeofpittsburgh
Fifth Third Bank
- Established in 1858, Fifth Third Bank provides banking, borrowing, and investing services for personal, small business, and commercial clientele. Fifth Third Foundation invests in the local communities they serve, offering funding opportunities and services related to veteran, environmental sustainability, community employment, and small business initiatives.
- Website: https://www.53.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FifthThirdBank
- The FISA Foundation is a highly focused grant-making foundation that seeks to improve the lives of women, girls, and people with disabilities in the ten-county area of Southwestern Pennsylvania. The Foundation also furthers its mission by collaborating on numerous community projects and committees and commissioning research and reports.
- Website: http://fisafoundation.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fisafoundation
Gina Goth (Fitzmartin), Counselor, MED, CAC, LPC
- Gina Goth (Fitzmartin) is a licensed Professional Counselor and certified Addictions Counselor located in Pittsburgh, PA. She specializes in the treatment of eating disorders, chemical addictions, and sexual and physical abuse, serving individuals and groups of a diverse array of clientele.
- Website: https://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/name/Gina_M_Goth+(+Fitzmartin)_MED,CAC,LPC_Pittsburgh_Pennsylvania_77620
Girls Scouts of Western Pennsylvania
- For more than 100 years, the Girl Scouts of the United States of America has been building girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. The Girl Scouts of Western Pennsylvania serves approximately 35,000 girls in 27 counties in Western PA through programs aimed at developing life skills in financial literacy, healthy living, STEM, and online safety.
- Website: http://www.gswpa.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GSWPA
Girls Hope of Pittsburgh
- Founded in 1991, Girls Hope is a non-profit, non-denominational organization serving Western Pennsylvania affiliated with Boys Hope Girls Hope International and the Sisters of St. Joseph of Baden ministry. Girls Hope of Pittsburgh helps academically capable and motivated children-in-need to meet their full potential by providing value-centered, family-like homes, opportunities, and education through college.
- Website: http://www.girlshope.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GirlsHope
Girls on the Run (GOTR) of Magee-Women’s Hospital
- Girl on the Run is a life-changing, non-profit prevention program that uses the power of running to help girls in 3rd-8th grades develop self-respect and value a healthy lifestyle. The program combines training for a 5K (3.1 miles) running event with an educational curriculum addressing the physical, emotional, mental, and social well-being of a girl’s health.
- Website: http://gotrmagee.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gotrmagee
The Grable Foundation
- The Grable Foundation was established in 1976 by Erret & Minnie Grable, a prominent Pittsburgh business family, with the mission to help children and youth in Southwestern PA become independent, caring, contributing members of society by supporting programs critical to a child’s successful development. The Foundation provides funding for five key areas, including early childhood, public schools, out-of-school time, families, and community.
- Website: http://grable.org
- Facebook: N/A; https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Grable-Foundation/1450117905291686
- Since it’s founding in 2002 by Gwendolyn J. Elliot, Pittsburgh’s first female Police Commander, Gwen’s Girls has been a leading provider of educational, social, prevention, school, and community-based services in Pittsburgh and Allegheny County. Gwen’s Girls aspires to enable girls to become self-sufficient adults, equipped with the capacity to evolve emotionally, physically, and spiritually, build strong family units and support systems, and contribute to community life.
- Website: http://www.gwensgirls.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GwensGirls
The Heinz Endowments
- The Heinz Endowments are made up of two endowments formed from the product of a family commitment to community that began with H. J. Heinz. The Foundation is based in Pittsburgh, PA and is committed to providing the Southwestern Pennsylvania region with grant and funding opportunities in five key areas: arts & culture; children, youth & families; community & economic development; education; and environment.
- Website: http://www.heinz.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHeinzEndowments